Christmas 2013

Christmas 2013

Deuteronomy 11:18-19

18 Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. 19 Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.

Deuteronomy 11:18-19

New International Version (NIV)

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Piglets #2 :)

Two of our 3 sows have farrowed (given birth) in the last 10 days or so :) The 1st sow had 8 piglets but one was  born dead and then another one was just gone the next day, so she is raising 6. The little gilt had 6 and one has died so is raising 5.. but one of hers is TINY and we're not sure if it will live.This is the only picture of it the day I took all these pictures but I'll keep trying. She is half the size of the rest of the litter. 
It's really an unfair picture as there isn't another piglet there to see the comparison. 
This is a fun picture as the piglet in the front is 6 days younger the one behind. 
WILBUR!!! Ever time I see a little piglet running with his ears back I think of the movie Charlotte's Web and Wilbur.
Having fun chewing on each others ears.

YES!! I am CUTE!! 
There are a few that are orange, white and black :) My favorites!! 


And here is poor sow #3... still very heavy with her unborn piglets. She's made several nests large and small, and one day she'll be ready and farrow.. I think she's as impatient as I am. I've been checking her several times a day and she comes to greet me at the fence every time. When she doesn't come to the fence, I know I'll have to sneak in and see her brand new piglets :) 



Here is a little movie of the piglets play fighting. They are between less then 12 hours old!! 

No comments: